We do our utmost to ensure the highest quality and safety standard of our products through
- Global Food Safety Initiative
- Adequate risk management system
- Allergen management policy in place
- AIB audits
- Factories with high standards regarding hygiene and maintenance
Examples of what we have achieved so far
Third-party assessed product safety
We collaborate with the Global Food Safety Initiative, a worldwide alliance of companies and NGOs working together to further improve food product safety. The objective is to continuously benchmark our product safety standards against the best in the food industry. In addition we are regularly audited by AIB, a renowned international auditing firm and experts in product safety in the food industry. All sites to pass GFSI and AIB audit.
All our sites meet the highest standards and have therefore been awarded the BRC and IFS sealing.
Early warning system
A risk management system helps us to recognize product safety risks early and to take appropriate precautionary measures.
Managing product safety in the context of allergenic substances
We have developed a program to reduce allergens. In addition, we have implemented a specific management guideline for handling allergenic substances. This guideline has increased awareness for dealing with allergens in production processes and has led to a reduction of allergy risks related to our products.
Our plans for the future
- Further increase the use of HOSO (High Oleic Sunflower Oil) across entire chips and specialties portfolio
- Increase number of products in the portfolio with reduced salt and fat content
- Further increase the number of product formulas with only natural ingredients
- Focus more on portion packs for single serve
- Determine a portion size of 30g for all snack products within the Intersnack portfolio